Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm giving into something heavenly...

Today's (September 30) God Calling:
"WISDOM
I have promised that for every day you live, the strength shall be given you. Do not fear.
Face each difficulty sure that the wisdom and strength will be give you for it. Claim it.
Rely on Me to keep My Promise about this. In My Universe, for every task I give one of My children, there is set aside all that is necessary for its performance. So why fear? So why doubt?"
So essentially- I never have to go through anything alone.
We do that so often: freak out at the tasks set before us. And why do we do that? Often it's because we're scared of failing and being alone. Lies we let ourselves believe. The fact of the matter is that I can't fail at something God asks me to do if I rely wholly on him to do in me what He said he would do. And if, while He's working in me, and I'm letting Him freely do that work, I'm setting about the work He has for me to do... I can't fail...
I hate failing. I can handle being alone. It's not my favorite, but I can handle it. Failing, though, probably my second biggest fear. (Being misunderstood is #1)
Claiming and owning those promises is pure freedom.
Obviously, though, there's a condition. Because, being human, *I* can fail, but surviving and living completely in His Victory over sin and death and strengthened by the Power of the Holy Spirit:
"I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13
"Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you."
Joshua 1:5b
I will probably ruminate in this all day... then it will settle in and hopefully become one my "defining characteristics".
Bottom line, this life of following Christ is not safe. It requires all of you and more than you thought you possessed, but he knows that we can do anything he asks of us through His strength and wisdom.
I'm convinced that reckless abandon happens when you stare straight into the face of God and say, "I trust you." All the while every fear you have is nagging and begging you to turn and run, but the promise in His eyes gives you all the peace your aching heart needs. You're not on a "spiritual high" and everything is far from perfect, but you take that next step toward God, completely unsure of where the ground to sustain that step will come from.
Can I promise you something? You never sink or fall when you keep your eyes on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment