Sunday, September 5, 2010

Love Never Fails

This is my favorite blog layout thus far.
I just love to look at it. Kudos to ShabbyBlogs.com.

"And we know
that for those who love God
all things work together for good,
for those who are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

I'm pretty sure this verse got me through last week. I've never fought against the will of God more in my life. I've never asked him to not have want he wants to give me before now. I've never asked to have him tell me I'm wrong in what I'm hearing from him with more fervor.

And yet, he continues to guide me toward the future he's shown me, with no timeline or promises other than the promise of his goodness, faithfulness and steadfast love. In the grand scheme of life, how could I ask for more?

Love is ridiculous. I wish it made more sense. It defies common sense and pride, and demands that you get on your knees and wash another's feet- when they love you for it, and when they wish you would go away.

"Love never fails." Have you thought about that? If I love someone, that action can't fail. It may not get me what I think that I want, but it will bring about the righteousness that God requires. Anger won't. (See James 1:20) So, I will love, even if it "kills" me, and it will. However, out of my "death" God will resurrect a more beautiful version of myself that resembles his likeness more than it ever has before.

I think that's worth "dying" for. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment